BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm Vindictive

I keyed someone's car today. I've never done that before. We were at the Garden of the Gods and, after our hike, were putting Hunter back in the Jeep. I had already put the stuff in the car, David was getting Hunter snapped in, and I was sitting in the front seat waiting for him finish putting the stroller in the trunk and this little, beat up, two door sedan parked next to us on our left side and the passenger opened their door into our car. There was no gentle, there was no awareness of my car, there was no attempt to not hit my car. The door was opened with as much force as you would open it if there was nothing there at all. And then the passenger kept eyeing me like, "Are you going to say something?"

Well, lucky for me, my car has big, solid, plastic bumpers and siderails. However, this person had no idea where their door was going to hit, a different car would have been dented, and I don't care if they did know they wouldn't damage my car. I have certainly been in parking spaces that were tight enough that my door touched the car next to me, but I always set my door against their car. I never just opened my door into another on purpose, with no appreciation for the car next to me. And I guess my anger got the best of me, after watching him continue to glance at me. So after they walked away I grabbed the keys out of the ignition and swiped them down the entire length of their vehicle. I got back in the Jeep and we drove away. Their car was pretty beat up, they may not have noticed, but I hope they did, and that next time they'll think twice before abusing someone else's property without apology.

0 comments: